News and views noted along the way.
- NSA's Secret Toolbox: Unit Offers Spy Gadgets for Every Need
- Austerity in Australia, 1980s style
- UK Defamation Act aims to end trivial claims and libel tourism
- Hawke cabinet’s media changes paved the way for News Corporation - "Decisions in 1986 allowed Rupert Murdoch to dominate the press, a consequence that hurt Rudd and Gillard governments."
- Does Champagne Actually Get You Drunk Faster?
- Science Says: Cocktails Could Protect You From Getting Sick