Spinning out of control? Budget scene setting confusion

Reading the papers these last few days has left me utterly confused about what to expect in next week's federal budget. The inspired leaks - at least I presume the stories have some foundation with someone pretending to know telling journalists something - seem to be so contradictory. I mean, what are we to make of a budget deficit that will take many years to be rid off with the thought bubble that there will be tax cuts before the surplus is reached? And what's all this about higher taxes on the risk so that the pain is shared by all?
Don't ask me. I can't explain it. I'll just turn over the page when I come to a pre-budget piece and wait until Tuesday night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten