The dangers of writing things down

I never have understood the need that many of those playing the game of politics feel to write down details of their brilliant strategies. In all my years involved in running election campaign I never even kept a diary or notebook and I hope I would not have been as foolish as to send details of some planned dirty tricks to anyone else by email if that mechanism of communication had existed back in my day. But I must say that the recent revelations about the activities of members of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown's key adviser Damian McBride do make fascinating reading. Start with the extensive coverage iThe Daily Mail to get a rare insight into what a horrid business democratic politics actually is. When the Labour team are so incompetent as to get caught like they have been it is not surprising that the Owl/Crikey UK Election Indicator has them so far behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten