A typically incompetent farewell by the Sydney Morning Herald

For 21 years Alan Ramsey wrote a Saturday column for the Sydney Morning Herald. The last of them before his retirement appeared the Saturday just past.  I would like to be able to refer you to it but alas I can't. For some strange reason the Herald has chosen not to post it on its website.
What you can read is a thoughtful and considerate piece by David Marr describing a political journalist who was "right passionately, wrong passionately and patronised at times by his hardboiled colleagues for taking a stand in their shifting world."

Comments

Anonymous said…
At least there are TWO readers in a city with a population of 4 MILLION who find the behaviour of THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD towards ALAN RAMSAY nothing short of disgraceful.

I for one, have searched in vain for Ramsay's final essay about the country's DEEP NORTH (read Palm Island) so I could e-mail it to an admirer of Ramsay in MAINE, USA.

Now I know I'm wasting my time.

SHAME ON YOUR HEAD SYDNEY MORNING HERALD!

Popular posts from this blog

Is Scott Morrison getting ahead of Malcolm Turnbull in the GST debate?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison under pressure as the question about knowledge of a rape gets embarrassing

Remembering that Labor only lost last time because of Bill Shorten