Thursday, 22 July 2010

Kicking the cat


I am a bit of a dog man myself (although I once did enter one of my red Burmese in the Canberra cat show and came home with a Reserve Champion ribbon) so I admit to having a bit of a chuckle at the Irish bookmaker Paddy Power’s advertisementfeaturing blind soccer players and a cat with a bell around its neck although there were a thousand or so English people who didn’t. The Advertising Standards Authority was inundated with complaints that the advert’s suggestion that the cat had been kicked across a football pitch by blind players was offensive to blind people and could encourage animal cruelty.
22-07-2010 paddypowerad
The ASA has ruled that the ad can continue be shown but you can look and judge for yourself. I await the verdict of Crikey readers. Should I feel guilty about laughing or not?
Post a Comment