News and views noted along the way.
- Beer-Tapping Physics: Why A Hit To A Bottle Makes A Foam Volcano
- Darkness surrounds Japan's secrecy debate - "The governing Liberal Democratic Party and its coalition partner New Komeito, together with Your Party and other smaller groups, on Tuesday passed the special state secrecy bill in the lower house. ... Classified information will be designated by the heads of government ministries if the bill goes into law. Confidentiality will be maintained in the national defense, diplomacy, espionage and terrorism fields as special state secrets. People that leak such information face up to 10 years in prison. What will constitute a state secret? That remains vague. People may receive information without knowing it is classified and be accused of breaking the law."
- This Is How You Lower Corporate Taxes
- xkcd: New Study
- The Trouble With Economics Is Economists
- Cats recognise their owners' voices but never evolved to care, says study
- Climate Change Negotiations in Warsaw Result in a Timeline for Agreement in 2015 - "Small steps toward an agreement on climate change in 2015 were made at the recent 19th Conference of Parties (COP19) talks in Warsaw."