The violent treatment of Indian students in Australia might have dropped out of the news media here this week but it continues to feature prominently in India. This morning it finally reached the status of the front page splash in the Times of India.
Similar stories have made page one in recent weeks but I don't recall them reaching pride of place before.
You will get the flavour of the anti-Australian feeling from this collection of related stories the TOI listed this morning:
- Attack on students domestic issue of Australia: Tharoor
- Yet another Indian student attacked in Australia
- Blog: We're even more racist than Aussies
- Blog: Govt must issue advisory on OZ
- Did Indian students falter in etiquette in Australia?
- Indian student attacked in Melbourne
- MEA issues guidelines for Australia-bound Indian students
- Attacks on Indians "damaged" bilateral ties: Australian High Commissioner in India
- End attacks on Indian students: Steve Waugh
- 22-year-old Indian student attacked in Australia
- Indians in Australia say Lebanese youths behind attacks
- After Indians, Sri Lankan students attacked in Australia
- Community leaders ask Indian students to stop protest rallies
- Australian Greens for Senate probe into attacks on Indian students
- Tourism minister Kumari Selja postpones Australia visit